Friday, May 17, 2013

Where's the EXIF?!



For all of the time that I've used Google's Blogger, I never realized that I was losing so much EXIF information on the pictures that I've posted.

Take the front view of the Wade House picture (please!) posted on May 15.

On the left is a screen grab of the original Jpeg properties.  On the right is a grab of the same properties after pulling the picture back down from the blog page.  Even the Date taken information has been removed!

No doubt that at some time I must have agreed to a Google  EULA which told me I was going to have all of this information stripped.  Nothing in the Policies and Terms of Service, however.


" ...You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling anyone or anything.

But the plans were on display...

On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.

That's the display department.

With a torch.

Ah, well the lights had probably gone.

So had the stairs.

But look you found the notice didn't you?

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying Beware of The Leopard."
-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

No comments: