Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Little Bombers

Goatsbeard spiraea (Arancus dioicus) flowers were blooming big-time along the bike trail last weekend.  I was saddled with only my EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens, so I wasn't in a mindset to step back and document the entire plant.  Check out Wikipedia if you want to get a proper look.

I only took one picture, and it was a closeup of the blooms, naturally.


At this point of my bike ride, I was heating up, and my glasses were somewhat foggy and smudged with perspiration. I didn't notice all of the flea beetles (dark spots) feasting among the blooms. Talk about a photobomb.

A bloom like this has a complex geometry, so it was really hard to get it all in focus.  One of the sections that had a good exposure is in the upper-left, where this little stinker is perched:

No comments: