Friday, July 13, 2012

A penance for my thoughts -- No macros today

The interim between my last posting, Everything Looks Like A Nail, and the last few days was spent in the cooler weather of Florida's Gulf coast.  And while I did take my usual share of flower macro photos, I also managed to put my new telephoto lens through it paces.

I'm pretty happy with the following picture, taken from the jetty in Venice, Florida, around sunset on July 2.  One of the few quibbles that I have is over some of the optical artifacts, which I think were caused by having a relatively poor quality Tiffen skylight filter over the lens.  I'm sure I could do a reasonable job of removing the artifacts in PhotoShop, but I'm leaving them in for now.


It's still not bad.  If you could zoom in on the sail boat, you would see "Venice, FL" across the stern and the boat's name, "Summertime," written across the side.

Here's the sunset a few minutes later, at 8:11 p.m.

No comments: