Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Catching a Cat

My mother loves her cat, Murka, and asked if I could make her a picture of it.  First of all, I must tell you that her cat doesn't like me.  I only see her (Mom/cat) for a couple of weeks a year, so the first ten days are spent in looking baleful and hissing at me (Mom/cat).  In the second place, her request forced me to think outside of my box, i.e., macro photography.

Mom wasn't impressed with this:


It wasn't quite what she had in mind.   I thought she (cat) has nice eyes.

After a couple of days of following her around and getting hissed at (cat), I caught her on the couch in front of the window.


This was still using the Canon EF-S60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens. I just discovered that I could step back a few feet with it and still get a nice shot.

Mother is happy/cat couldn't care less.

No comments: