Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Suddenly, Last Summer

Instead of going out and shooting new pictures, I've once again gone back to work with older shots.  In this case, I worked with a straight-on shot of Woodburn Hall that I took early in the morning of June 8, 2012.

The shot was taken with my Canon EF20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM wide-angle lens and a polarizing filter.  Blue skies, anyone?

I adjusted for some minor pin-cushioning on the sides by using the Perspective Crop tool in PhotoShop CS6.  One of the other things that had earlier held me back from working this picture is that lawn sprinklers were going in the right-front of the building.  I edited that out with a combination of Stamp tool and copying in a portion from another picture where the sprinkler had changed position.  The results are not unpleasing.


As long as I was messing around, I thought I'd have a little fun with the SnapArt filter.  Here's the Woodburn shot processed as an Impasto-style oil painting:


It looks much better as a full-screen image than it does here on the blog page.  Give the image a click and see for yourself.

No comments: