Friday, June 20, 2014

Getting by

I'm beginning to think that losing your favorite lens can sometimes be a good thing.  For the past couple of weeks, I've had to make-do while my beloved macro lens has been sent in for repairs.  It has historically been my walk-around lens, which probably also a good reason why it finally broke down.

The good with the bad, however, is that I'm still motivated to take pictures, so I'm playing around with my other lenses.  Most recently, I've re-discovered my first generation nifty fifty.   Here's a shot that I took with it at noon today:


You may note by this picture that although I am without macro lens, I'm still shooting as if I have a a macro lens.  Still, I notice that this picture is "softer" in some way.  I've been reading that many people consider the optics of the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens to be better than average.  There may be something to that.


There's certainly something to the notion of stepping out of one's comfort zone being a good thingTM to do -- now and then, at least.

No comments: