Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dreamscape Bridge

In light of techniques I've recently learned in Photoshop, I've gone back to some of my old pictures and re-edited them.  The bridge over the Castleman River is a favorite, and I think I did improve on this one.

At the time that I took this back on October 23, 2011, my best technique was to use a couple of free Photoshop actions called Touch of Light and Touch of Darkness.

Here's the reworked version:

One might accuse me of using a little too much sharpness in this, but you're really only getting a High Pass filter combined with an Overlay transparency mode.

I went back a few years again and dug up an article, "Pulling Dreamscapes via Orton Effect" that I had more or less forgotten about.   This bridge shot was a good candidate for trying that effect:


No comments: