Obsessing against health care reform (i.e., "Obama Care"), the ad claims that the reform is going to result in $400 billion in Medicare cuts for seniors.
According to FactCheck.Org, however,
The claim that Obama and Congress are cutting seniors’ Medicare benefits to pay for the health care overhaul is outright false, though that doesn’t keep it from being repeated ad infinitum.The article even goes on to cite AARP's Myths vs. Facts:
Myth: Health care reform will hurt Medicare.
- Fact: None of the health care reform proposals being considered by Congress would cut Medicare benefits or increase your out-of-pocket costs for Medicare services.
- Fact: Health care reform will lower prescription drug costs for people in the Medicare Part D coverage gap or "doughnut hole" so they can get better afford the drugs they need.
- Fact: Health care reform will protect seniors' access to their doctors and reduce the cost of preventive services so patients stay healthier.
- Fact: Health care reform will reduce costly, preventable hospital readmissions, saving patients and Medicare money.
- Fact: Rather than weaken Medicare, health care reform will strengthen the financial status of the Medicare program.