Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Backyard session

I think that this is a Purple beardtongue (Penstemon cobaea).


It's related to the wildflower Foxglove beardtongue (Penstemon digitalis), which I've seen and photographed numerous times.  For the life of me, though, I can't find it posted in this blog.  Terrible oversight.

This shot, showing the inside portion in perfect focus, would not have been possible before I got the ring flash.  It was shot at 1/60 sec;   f/32;   ISO 100.  The great depth of field is the result of the f/32 aperture.

Switching lenses over to a telephoto, I sat still for quite a while waiting for birds to return to my backyard feeder.   Here's my little Chickadee:


This was shot at 1/100 sec;   f/6.3;   ISO 200.  More than ever, I appreciate the patience and dedication of wildlife photographers.  Glad it's not my job.

No comments: