Some random observations...
- While searching for drivers for my CHAINTECH AV-710 soundcard, I acquired a trojan within the first 10 minutes of operation.
- It took several tries acquiring and installing the drivers for my somewhat dated Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 personal video recorder card. Tip: get the hcwclear.exe program.
- My institutionally supported copy of Symantec crippled my computer every time it tried to run a system scan. Only recourse was to disable that feature.
- I couldn't implement the Aero feature of Vista until I shut down the security camera software on my Logitech WiLife. Once Aero was enabled, the WiLife monitor worked ok.
- Aero is incompatible with the recording function of my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250. The WinTV program crashes every time.
Vista? It's no big whoop.
Post a Comment