Thursday, March 27, 2014

Getting Trippy

 I've been puzzled by the concept of texture blending in Photoshop.  To date, all of my attempts have been through using art filters like SnapArt to create painted effects on faux canvas.   After reading a bit more about it, however, I've come to see that there's more to it.  There always is.

One article on texture blending talked about using Photoshop layers to combine different photos.  The trick was in selecting an appropriate blend mode.

After a bit of experimenting, I settled on this monstrosity:


This is an overgrown pathway in Jelks Preserve that has been blended with on ocean sunset.  I used the Difference blend mode.  The result is quite garish, but the technique looks promising.  I'll have to keep my eye out for interesting textures to play with.

No comments: