Friday, March 29, 2013

These aren't the 'roids I was hoping for

The Polaroid film that I had ordered, Impossible PRD2442 PX 70 Color Protection Film for SX-70 Cameras, came yesterday.  I hope I'm doing something wrong, because the results are pretty lack-luster.  Witness this Cooter 'roid(TM) taken in natural light:



Yes, I obviously had to scan it.  Before I waste any more film, I'd better see if I'm doing everything right.  I can see right away that the tripod would be a very good thing here:  notice the blur around the cat's ears.  Looks like I should also dial down the exposure a bit.  A more cooperative subject would also help a lot, too.

This is a stark reminder of how great digital photography can be.  "Getting it right" does not involve experimenting with expensive film or processing.  The only thing wasted there is time and electrons.

No comments: