Monday, May 19, 2014

Shooting in the back yard (a Meatloaf's Confession)

Here it is, past the middle of May, and I have yet to get on my bicycle.  Worse, I'm not even leaving my yard to take photographs.  Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Yesterday was another day for macros.  The ring flash has been malfunctioning, not making good contact with the hot shoe.  The following were all done in natural sunlight.


Above is a single bluebell bloom.  I was even too lazy to get down on the ground for this.  Relying, instead, on the live preview screen.

Below is an early bloom of a chives flower in my herb garden.  If you can gather enough chive flowers, they make a tasty omelet filling.


Believe it or not, I think this might very well be my first time photographing a dandelion seed head.


No comments: