I had reached my limit today and began Googling for a solution. Since I'm running Vista, and I have an Logitech bluetooth cordless mouse, I tried various permutations around those words.
It was surprising that I had found so many potential hits. A great many of them seemed to revolve around specific issues with Microsoft Word, but Word was not really the issue for me, although text selection with Word was just as bad as any other application.
Following some ideas that I'd gotten from a few applicable postings, I:
- installed new mouse drivers, specifically for Logitech. My old driver was an out-of-the-box Microsoft driver;
- experimented with enabling and disabling the Vista Aero theme in the mouse styles;
- replaced the batteries in the wireless mouse;
- swapped mice.
There are some lessons here. The first thing that I learned is that some search word choices turn out to be irrelevant: this wasn't a Vista problem. The biggest lesson was in my reluctance to consider this to be a hardware problem.
Interestingly, I had given up on using a different Logitech cordless mouse within the past year because of pointing problems that I was having. It was another Logitech bluetooth mouse (I just found it, sitting on a shelf).
Post a Comment