Thursday, October 16, 2008

My mess says that I'm liberal

Apparently, even long before my politics had swung to the liberal, my lifestyle was screaming it for me.

According to a ScientificAmerican article online, Political Science: What Being Neat or Messy Says about Political Leanings, some researchers think that they can tell someone's politial affiliation by looking at the condition of their offices and bedrooms.

I'm not sure about the metrics behind this study, but a casual stroll around cubesville belies this theory.

1 comment:

MountainLaurel said...

I'd have to say that it sounds like bullshit of the highest order to me. They're taking stereotypes of liberals and conservatives and trying to pass them off as science. No wonder social sciences have such a hard time being accepted as actual science.

And I have a calendar in my office. Ruppie has stamps. That doesn't make us conservative.